Marble tiles are in trend these days. Seems like every other home has a marble floor, countertop, or backsplash. While marble might seem prohibitively expensive at first glance, it’s not, especially when you consider the fact that marble tiles are less expensive than marble slabs because of their size. In this article, we explore 7 great uses for marble tiles – from kitchen backsplashes to bathroom floors to even your front door!
Why marble tiles is popular?
The classic beauty and timeless appeal of marble tiles make them a popular choice for home decor. Marble is a natural stone that has been used for centuries in art and architecture, and its unique veining and colour patterns make it a popular choice for today’s home designs. Marble tile is available in a variety of colours and can be used to create beautiful flooring, backsplashes, countertops, and more. The following are some of the best uses for marble tiles in your home:
- Flooring: Marble tiles make a beautiful and elegant flooring choice. They can be used in any room of the house, from the entryway to the kitchen or bathroom. Marble floors are easy to care for and will last a lifetime with proper care.
- Backsplash: It is a great way to add beauty and value to your kitchen with marble tile backsplashes. Marble tile comes in many different colours and designs, so you can find the perfect match for your kitchen décor. Whether you want a simple subway tile backsplash or something more ornate, marble tile is a great option.
- Outdoor spaces: Marble tiles can also be used in outdoor spaces like patios, decks, and pool areas. They’re durable enough to withstand the elements and provide a beautiful surface that will last for years.
- As an accent: Marble tiles can also be used as accents in your home. Use them to create a focal point in your room or to add detail to your walls.
- As a bathroom floor or shower: Marble is a classic material for bathrooms, and can give your space an elegant look.
- furniture: Give your tables, dressers, or other pieces of furniture an updated look with marble tile accents.
Why is it less expensive than marble slabs?
Marble tiles are less expensive than marble slabs for a few reasons. First, marble tiles are cut into smaller pieces, which requires less time and labor. Second, because they are cut into smaller pieces, there is less waste material. Finally, marble tiles can be produced in large quantities, which reduces the overall cost.
What are the downsides of using marble tiles?
- Marble tiles can be quite expensive;
- They require regular maintenance and care;
- They can be easily chipped;
- Spills and stains from marble tiles can be difficult to remove;
- Marble is a porous material and therefore can be susceptible to mold and mildew growth.
What is the best way to clean and maintain my marble tiles?
Assuming you are referring to natural stone marble tile, the best way to clean it is with a pH-neutral cleaner like StoneTech Professional’s Daily Cleaner. You can also make your own solution using 1/4 cup of baking soda per gallon of water. Never use acidic cleaners like vinegar or lemon juice as they will etch the surface of the stone.
To maintain the beauty of your marble, it’s important to seal it on a yearly basis. This will help protect it from staining and etching. StoneTech Professional offers a number of great sealers for marble, including their BulletProof Sealer which provides maximum protection against stains and etching.
How to Install Marble Tiles?
Marble tiles are a classic choice for flooring, countertops, and backsplashes. But before you can enjoy the beauty of marble in your home, you need to know how to install it properly. Here are some tips for installing marble tiles:
- Marble tiles can be installed on most surfaces, but the surface must be clean and level before installation. Otherwise, the tiles may not lay flat or bond properly.
- Choose the right adhesive. For marble tiles, we recommend using a specialized tile adhesive that is designed for stone or ceramic tile. This type of adhesive will ensure a strong bond between the tile and the surface.
- The wet saw will help you get clean, straight cuts on your marble tiles. Most home improvement stores rent wet saws.
- Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for installation and curing time. Be sure to read the instructions on your chosen adhesive carefully so that you know how long it needs to be set before grouting or walking on it.
For more information, visit the website of RK Marbles India.